Friday, November 18, 2005

Autumn colours of Sheffield Park

Tried to view some other blogs this evening, but either the my computer is EXTREMELY slow or something is up with the blog server thingy??

So I thought I would try a post instead! The addition of photographs gave me extra time to prepare a meal and pour a glass of wine. Then top it up. Then top it up. Tehn otp it up.!?!







Went for a walk at Sheffield Park last weekend, to catch some of the Autumn colours. Depsite a fair amount of leaf-fall, it still looked spectacular. It seems particularly poignant after having listened to a presentation on Capability Brown in Tom Turner's group.

Managed to grab a shot of this weird trunk before two sprogs climbed all over it. Mind you, my own sprog wants to go back next week to do that!



Do you think the green woodpecker has got lost? All of those lovely trees to peck and it chooses my lawn!